8841 Marty Lane Overland Park Kansas 66212
Home 913.648.5944 Cell 816.560.7463
Demonstrated ability to produce successful works of varying size, value and complexity through multiple delivery systems. From inception to completion, including planning, estimating, contracts and client/contractor interactions. Expertise in commercial, retail, mixed-use and hospitality projects. 10 years of project management experience; 24 years of professional experience.
- Entrepreneurial – Successfully expand basic client services to grow the scope of work.
- Managerial – Consistently organize project delivery team to produce work with positive profit margins.
- Technical – Strong building technology knowledge base. Managed solutions for design and construction deficiencies.
- Human Resources – Personnel development through focused mentorship.
- Broad based knowledge of Architectural systems and professional practice.
- Knowledge of supporting engineering systems and integration.
- Inter-personnel skills in communicating with clients, consultants and peers.
- Knowledge of project delivery oriented toward maximizing profit.
Construction Administrator Current Position
Black & Veatch - Overland Park Kansas
- Construction administrator for contract requirements related to AT&T Telecom construction program including document collection, review for quality and accuracy, timing of closeout activities and communication between program personnel. Construction contract documentation closeout of multiple regions across multiple initiatives. Coordination with multiple stakeholders of diverse responsibilities. Develop metrics for production and delivery performance.
- Supervise production staff. Manage and monitor work flow and work assignment as necessary for staff of 9 in 5 regional efforts. Manage manpower projections, production levels and work planning. Coordination of work across regional programs and quality control of production documents.
Architectural Consultant – Client List
Lonestar Holdings - San Francisco, CA
- Architectural advisor for residential development projects. Projects include single and multi-family usages.
- Reuse and space planning analysis for highest use solution.
- Technical evaluation and development of solutions
- Pro forma evaluation.
Site Inspections – Norcross, GA.
- Building inspections.
- Property assessment, valuation and risk assessment
DLR Group Overland Park Ks. September, 2006 – December, 2009
- Project Manager for retail sector. Clients included RED Development and Copaken, White & Blitt.
- Lead design and production team responsible for work with RED Development. Provided on-going support for tenant management through lease work exhibit analysis and tenant documents review for criteria as identified by the Client. Contract development, concept development, development criteria management, city planning design presentation and approvals, construction documents production, quality assurance and construction administration. Oversaw all aspects of the contract delivery including multi-disciplinary quality assurance review. Projects include The Shoppes at OneNineteen $11mm; Dean and Deluca in Leawood Kansas $2mm; The Adams Dairy Landing in Blue Springs Mo $13mm. Managed design teams of up to 8.
- Project Manager for Market Square development in Leawood Kansas. A complex of (3) in-line tenant buildings. Oversight of planning, development, documentation and construction phases including coordination with the City of Leawood. $4.5mm
- Project Manger for the Sheraton Hotel Bar Interiors Remodel Design/Build with the City of Overland Park and Turner Construction. $.8mm
- Project Manager for the Briarcliff Hotel - Kansas City Missouri. Design/Build in conjunction with Turner Construction through Design Development Phase. 200 room hotel and conference center as a high rise building with key adjacencies to office building high rise and shared parking structure and central plant. $40mm
- Project Architect for the Overton Hotel - Lubbock Texas. A 300 room hotel and conference center.
- Trained staff for retail specific construction methodology and tenant specific requirements.
- Negotiated and prepared contracts with consultants for retail sector projects.
- Managed structural design deficiency mitigation procedure during fast-track retail construction. $.3mm
Associate Vice President
Gould Evans, Kansas City Mo. February, 1996 – September 2006
- Account manager for highly profitable AMC theatre work. Liaison with client for all development requirements for projects located in the central and southeast USA. Provided peer review services for projects in Europe and Asia. Project oversight includes direct coordination with development ownership group and consultants, development of multiple prototypes for roll-out utilizing value engineering process for best practices, client design criteria and FF&E integration. Managed construction documents production, quality assurance review of multiple disciplines and construction administration for concurrent projects. Average per theater value $11mm. Managed teams of up to 6.
- Account manager for Verizon Wireless retail stores. Adapted and integrated prototype documents for multiple TI projects located in the central region. Average per store value $.35mm
- Construction Administration Manager for the Village West Retail Center. A retail development for the Red Development Corporation in conjunction with the City of Kansas City Kansas. Oversight of all building construction and integration of lessons-learned for ongoing building production. $60mm
- Project architect for the Flamingo Hilton Casino. Lead production team in preparation of shell documents of the overall building and provided coordination with the Naval Architect and associate consulting engineers. $38mm
- Project Architect for the year 2000 Power & Light District with the Preston Partnership. Project design and integration for theater and retail central component through Design Development. Lead team of 4 architects for
- Account Manager Imagineight Entertainment Inc. Development and execution of movie theater prototype. Average per theater value $9mm
- Spray applied fire proofing failure mitigation program manager. Oversight of engineering modeling and presentation to city authorities for alternate engineering approach. Average per building value $1.2mm.
Project Architect - By Design - Kansas City, Mo. 1994 – 1996
- Design and production architect. Projects include:
- Water Works Office Remodel – Kansas City Mo
- Palestine Baptist Church Camp - Warrensburg Mo
- Child Care Center – Kansas City Mo
- Scarritt Elementary School Renovation – Kansas City Mo.
Project Architect – McCall Architects - Kansas City, Mo 1987 - 1992
- Numerous church projects; new construction, additions and retro-fit. Missouri and Kansas
Intern Architect – Civic Associates - Kansas City, Mo. 1985 - 1987
- Bachelor of Architecture – University of Kansas 1985
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD, Deltek Vision
- Trained in Revit, Primavera, Buzzsaw and InDesign
- Architect – State of Missouri A5810
- Spring 2010 - Volunteer instructor at Donnelly College for international students, English as a second language
- Membership in AIA & USGBC Central Plains Chapter
Awards2008 MADA for IIDA : Gold in Hospitality division for The Spa Tuscano, Briarcliff Village
2008 Kansas City Business Journal Retail Capstone award